Pages

28 April 2010

Working on the yard.........

One of the many things on my to do list was to fix up my yard. It used to be really pretty had a little landscape going on with timbers and rocks, there was flowers and ground cover, my trees were trimmed and I HAD grass!
I used to love to pull weeds and water, keep it nice and neat and pretty, make changes and even mow I could never do the weedeater ugh I was horrible at it but my son would do that for me. Anyway, it was almost therapeutic i'd start to work on the yard and forget about my problems or whatever was going with me and next thing I knew my mind was clear and whatever I started working on is done and it looked great!

Moving to Colorado I had an apartment and did NOT have to worry about lawn work, Oh My Goodness, I got so spoiled! My "yard" was a balcony covered in flowers and plants that weekly I would attend to and was happy doing it.

Fast forward 3 years and here I am back to doing yard work and UGH THIS was therapeutic! This is what I would spend evenings and Saturday mornings doing?! AND enjoy it! so spoiled and so not into it anymore!
BUT about two weeks ago I went out one beautiful evening with absolutely no intention of doing yard work and just wanted to enjoy the beauty of the weather. Next thing I know i'm pulling weeds around the tree, then I moved to the roses, pruning, pulling and then off to the garden area and there it was my bliss, my calm, my therapy.

Alena came over and said "mom whatcha doin" and I stopped and looked up and saw what I had done and it felt so good and looked so much better and so it began my inspiration to make my yard pretty again.
So I talked to Paul and shared with him some of what I wanted to do, and he said he would help, so yesterday he came over helped me clear out the backyard are behind the garage! I was going to do before and after pictures, but again my embarrassment was far to great to share. I shudder now thinking about what it looked like before *shivers*.
I have so many ideas and i'm really hoping that I have follow through, stay focused and determined to finish it and have a beautiful yard to enjoy for the rest of the spring and summer!

0 comments: