Pages

05 June 2008

Danny Dietz



We were at Target and we were looking at books one book caught my eye because I saw that it was about the Navy and most specifically Navy Seals. So I picked it up and started reading and realized this was the story of an incredible man and his team and the sole survivor. I got a little choked up for a few reasons one I realized that in a few weeks it would be three years since his death June 28,and it made me think of his family, as a mom of a young man my heart broke for her, two it marked my arrival here in Colorado and it was a sad time for me and Alena as well and the day that I officially arrived at the command was his funeral. Alena came over and saw what I was looking at and her littl eyes got so big and said mommy that's him! that's the man in our apartment! I had to laugh cuz she almost made it sound like we were keeping him hostage and said yes that's the man in the Picture in our apartment. She was so proud she kept saying this is so cool I know who he is.

0 comments: