Pages

15 June 2008

Music

http://www.playlist.com/user/19287780

I have the best memories of my childhood! I had two of the best uncles, they were young and fun, exciting, protective and made sure that we were always doing the right thing at the right time or ELSE! It didn't matter to us though we thought they were really great guys. My mom although stern would always lighten up when a great song came on the radio.

I remember bell bottoms, platform shoes, pretty girls, and really cool friends, my uncles getting ready for dates, proms, pinball machines and I just couldn't wait for my uncles to get home from school.

I remember laughter, tears, smiles for no reason and family gatherings that weren't even planned we just all ended up at the same place and we always had a fun time together. I knew we were strong and secure in who we were and I was always so proud of where I came from.

In the background of my most amazing life was MUSIC, always music! At our family get together (planned or not), out w/my uncles, and even Saturday morning cleanings with mom in her anjemima bandanna. There was unlimited music, dancing, and even singing (bad or good).

This play list is just a few of the songs that hearing them put a smile on my face, or make me laugh and sometimes cry because I miss the strength, and the love and the forgiveness, the loyalty to one another and the endurance of my family.

0 comments: